Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Snot Bubbles!
Well, again, we're waiting.  Aaron's had  rough night, and a rough morning.  Remember that really lousy cold?  The one where you wanted to lie down and give up?  Where you really, REALLY wished that someone would just come and put you in a coma for a week or so?  Yeah, I think that's the one we're dealing with. 

I'm so glad we didn't go home last night, because early this morning the question was, can he stay on the floor, or do we need to go back to PICU.  They just revisited it again.  His upper right lobe has collapsed again and he's needing a lot of oxygen.  They increased his CPT (chest physical therapy, they pound on him and he thinks he's at the spa) from every six hours to every four hours.  We've looked again and there doesn't seem to be a bacterial component.  It's just a virus.  We just have to give him the support he needs. 

He did manage to rest from about 6 a.m. until about 10:30 or so.  Then he woke up coughing and struggling again.  This could be a long haul...

No comments:

Post a Comment