Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Never a Dull Moment

So by now I think everyone knows Aaron has a PICC line. And he's doing really well with it. I'm even becoming comfortable with it. Apparently we've both become a little TOO comfortable.

 Today we had a real treat. Another Trisomy 18 mommy is in town to drop her son off at BYU. I hurried to finish my work so we could go visit. Her Krissy is 13 years old and so cute! She also has a trach but wasn't needing oxygen or a vent.




Those black threads, they're supposed to
be holding that white flange down.  Owie!
When we got home, I was wiped out so I started his food and his IV meds and told William I was going to lie down. I guess that wasn't such a great idea because Aaron was in high spirits! He managed to wrap that IV line around his toys and then kick them out of bed. Can you see where this might end up? He managed to rip one of his stitches and tear a hole in the dressing. Fortunately, the PICC catheter only moved about a centimeter. At least that didn't come out!

It's a sterile procedure, so everyone
even Aaron, used a mask.


So here we are again, back up at good ol' PCMC waiting to have it restitched. Because he must have missed them up here, and one outing for the day wasn't enough.

Before we left, Andrew asked how long we were going to be gone.  I told him I didn't know, it would depend on how busy they were and how long it took to get to us, but I didn't think it would be that long.  His comment?  "So you'll be back in about two days or maybe less?"  Poor kid is just too used to us disappearing for days on end.


Stay tuned for our next post on back to school "shopping" for the medically fragile. Oh boy, the bases we have to cover...


Complacency is a state of mind that 
exists only in retrospective: 
it has to be shattered 
before being ascertained.

Vladimir Nabokov


No comments:

Post a Comment