Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Get Set...

Yep, I voted.  I may be young, but I know what I like.  I like Primary Children's Medical Center.  They take really good care of me.  I like my family.  No, I take that back, I LOVE my family.  And I'm so very grateful that I live in a country that gave me a chance to live.  But I also like this secret ballot thing.  Not talking about who I voted for.  But wanted you to know, I do believe in choices.

Yesterday morning found Aaron on the move again.  His bed was scheduled to come early afternoon, and all they asked was that there be a place to put it.  I don't get it.  Somewhere to set it up?  How unreasonable, right?




So to accommodate this request, the kids helped move Aaron and his bed back out of his room and to the edge of the family room, just like when we cleaned his carpet last month.

Here he is, just hanging out and waiting.










And his room.  Any guesses as to where we think we're putting the bed?





I have to come up with something to act as a mobile for Aaron.  His mobile is probably his very favorite toy!  He loves to bat at it, pull at it, and generally do whatever he can with it.  But it only fits on a railed bed, it fastens through the rails.  No openings like that on the new bed, so I got a clamp-on mobile arm and set out to create a mobile for him.






The Bed!

It's here!  This is the base of the bed, the part that performs all the "magic."  It will raise and lower the whole bed. It will raise the head, the foot, or both head and knees at the same time.  Basically, this is the brain of the whole shebang.






Here are the headboard, the footboard and the side rails.  I love the light mahogany color.  It's actually a pretty close match to the dresser in his room, and that was total coincidence.  When we refinished that a few years ago, Aaron wasn't even on the horizon.  We were just trying to redo a fairly ugly blue dresser at the time.




And....  The bed!  It's going to be wonderful!  The mattress is a super comfy one with a huge core of memory foam.  This picture shows the mattress raised all the way up and with the side rail down.  Much easier to put sheets on that way.

Now the trick will be to figure out how everything else is supposed to fit in here.  Stay tuned until tomorrow.  I'll have it figured out by then.



Success isn't how far you got, 
but the distance you traveled from where you started.
- unknown 

Thankful Thought:
November 7: Today I'm grateful that yesterday's voting worry was how long would it take. I didn't worry about getting shot at or encountering a suicide bomber. I didn't worry about massive bloodshed and civil war when January 20th comes. I knew that I would have the chance again, to go to the same place and vote in another four years, with basically the same immediate worries. So many in this world don't have that assurance, and I'm grateful for my small worries, and that I don't have larger ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment