Friday, December 7, 2012

A Foot, or Two

There's a popular primary song where the kids sing, "I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two."  I think David started singing it when he was about three, and he would have been about three feet tall.  Not, only has he grown that foot or two, he grew three!  And his call has come! 

David will be entering the Missionary Training Center on January 30th and serving in the Oregon Portland mission speaking English.  He is sooooo excited.  I'm feeling like it's just right around the corner and trying to figure out how to get everything done.  His blog is linked over on the left-hand side, right under Mary's. 

I remember the little baby I held, and the toddler that couldn't speak.  Somehow the years have sped by and that little child has grown up into a young man with a love and desire to help others know what he knows.  It won't easy, but he'll do just fine.

Missionary:  Someone who leaves their family for a short time that others may be with their families forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment