Friday, January 20, 2012

Doing GREAT!

Playing, and working so hard on
those back and neck muscles.
Aaron is doing well, so well.  He is now fully on his new formula, and since Mom did it the smart way this time, he seems to be doing well on it.  We've increased some settings on his ventilator to help him be more comfortable, and he's loving his new car seat.  I love that it's actually getting a little easier and quicker to get him in and out of the house and car.  His new measurements are 9.6 kg and 72.5 cm.  Or 21 pounds, 2 ounces and 28.5 inches.  Getting big!!

Yesterday he had a full echo.  This is where they look at EVERYTHING involving the heart, chambers, valves, arteries, veins, and so and so on.  Most of his in the past have looked at heart function, with a specific focus on the right side of his heart.  He continues to improve.  There is still some impaired function, and the right side is still a bit enlarged, but that's okay.  For now, his oxygen and medicine are doing a great job of controlling his pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure to the lungs).  The holes in his heart, specifically his VSD is getting smaller.  As he grows and his heart grows, it's smaller in proportion, plus the body is trying to fill it in with tissue.  His doctor says that unless something changes, he doesn't see the need for him to ever have surgery on it.  YEA! 

Recently, I was asked to participate in a video taping about my life with Aaron.  I was asked to prepare about two minutes worth of what I thought I'd learned that might be useful to others who were struggling with their own challenges.  I thought, two minutes?  How do I do that??  Two hours, maybe, but two minutes??  Sunday was my turn to stay home with Aaron and I used that time to try to piece together something.  I'm grateful for that time of introspection.  The taping was last night, and after it's all put together and presented, I'll put my comments up here.  But let me just say this:  in spite of all the medical knowledge that I've gained over the past two years, it is the inspiration of the Holy Ghost and my increased knowledge of the atonement that are the most valuable lessons that have come.  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father sent Aaron to our home.  And I'm grateful that Aaron was so willing to come as my teacher.

3 comments:

  1. I am so so so happy to see how well aaron is doing! What a special guy he is. So good to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful that Aaron is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go on getting that boy to a good and healthy weight, that is on of the hardest things to do. happy to see he is healthy and the sick bugs have stayed away!

    ReplyDelete