Monday, June 3, 2024

Ten Days Until Your Birthday

Those we love don't go away
They walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near..
Still loved, sill missed, and very dear. 

Dear Aaron,

Ten more days, ten...

Facebook reminds me of old updates, blog posts, and I am grateful. 

But sometimes they make me long for my innocence.

In 2020, four years ago today, I wrote 10 until 10. It was ten days until you were ten years old. I had no idea what was on the horizon. You were healthy, happy, having a great time, learning, growing, teasing...  

It can be seen if you click on the blog title link above. There's even a fun video of the many funny faces you made.

You know, you were a lot like most almost ten year olds.

But most 14 year olds are not gone. Most celebrate with loud noises, friends, lots of sugar, maybe pizza, anyway lots of food 'cause you know, they're 14. 

But you're forever 13 1/2. 

And I find myself crying a whole lot more than I have for a long time. 

A friend sent me a sweet sign and I've put it in the corner garden, where I selected the flowers with you in mind.

Lavender because we would use lavender lotion on you. Pansies because they seem delicate and small but are actually pretty strong and they bring a touch of color and joy to their corner of their world.

Matthew and Kensey leave for Wisconsin tomorrow. Andrew moves out the beginning of August. Michael leaves on his mission the middle of August. And then it will just be me and Daddy. Daddy asked me what we were going to do when it was just us, and I told him that I have no idea...

"When one person is missing the whole world seems empty."
- Pat Schweibert 

No comments:

Post a Comment