Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunbeams!

Aaron is a Sunbeam!  In our church, the children change class on the first Sunday in January.  Those who have turned three before January 1st are called "Sunbeams."  

I have to be honest, I never gave his first day of church class much thought.  I didn't think about it happening or not happening, because it just wouldn't.  But funny, he's here, it came, and he went.

He had a good time with the singing time, smiling at the music.  It was so good to be doing a normal, growing-up thing with him.  




And as they left, each child got a smiley face sticker.  Since Aaron is a "don't touch" at church, she put it on the oxygen tank.  Funny, it made my heart smile, too.

So what do you think?  Think he makes a pretty good Sunbeam for Jesus?  I do.  He certainly brightens my life.  How about yours?

    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,
    To shine for Him each day;
    In every way try to please Him,
    At home, at school, at play.

    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam;
    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    I’ll be a sunbeam for Him.

    Jesus wants me to be loving,
    And kind to all I see;
    Showing how pleasant and happy
    His little one can be.

    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam;
    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    I’ll be a sunbeam for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment