Friday, June 13, 2014

Quick Update

It looks like the culprit is asthma.  He's had a great night and we're heading out in about 15 minutes. 

I'm afraid we're going to have to postpone his party for now.  Not sure when it will happen, but I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and he needs to rest, too.  Not much wanting to repeat our experience here.  I don't scare real easily anymore, but last night, yeah, I was not happy.

I keep seeing that still, blue-gray face, watching those accessory muscles work hard to try, try to draw in breath.  Hearing me tell him that he just wasn't getting this.  I was forcing air into his lungs with 100% oxygen.  That meant he was supposed to improve his oxygen sats, not drop them further.

Anyway, if you could release a balloon for him, for all his little angel friends to play with, and take a picture, I would so appreciate it.  I think we're going to be celebrating his birthday quietly at home, grateful that he's still with us to celebrate.
 
Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu

No comments:

Post a Comment