Friday, November 29, 2013

A Beautiful Morning


This is the view I woke to this morning, the sun touching the tops of the mountains across the valley from us.  The view inside was even more beautiful! 

Somewhere in the night, someone (probably Aaron) found that magic switch and flipped it.  He was on one liter of oxygen. 

I know we've been down this path before.  And obviously, he's found his way back each time.  But towards the end, when there's days in a row where it seems that no progress is being made, it can become discouraging.  You begin to wonder, how long will it take?  Where is it going?  Will there be changes we really don't like?  And by the way, I stopped praying for patience a long time ago!  See, I've noticed that when I do, the Lord gives me opportunities for patience, not necessarily the patience itself.  He seems to think that's a muscle I need to exercise a bit more.

I don't know what changed things.  Nobody does.  But like in times past, something finally clicks, his heart vessels and lungs open up, and he does so much better.

We did have a bump this morning where he needed six liters, but only for about 30-45 minutes.  He may have another (coming up now, actually).  But that's okay.  Those can be dismissed as long as they don't go longer than an hour.  And while he may not be quite ready to go home tomorrow, if we don't, it won't be long after that. 

In fact, you can see for yourself how he's doing.  Here he is.  I apologise for the lighting.  He wasn't interested in turning the other direction. 

Right now, this very minute, what he needs is a nap, a good long one.  He's been up since about 8 p.m. last night.  Yep, my little night owl.  Love him so much.
 
You can only come to the morning through the shadows.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment