Friday, March 15, 2024

Jonny's Birthday

Hey, Aaron, guess what?

It's your Jonny's birthday. Do you remember playing the guitar with him before his mission? 

He titled it "Best Boy Band Ever."

And then when he came back, he did again and called it the "Boy Band Reunion."

I found it telling, and touching, that when each of the missionaries came back, there were big smiles, hugs, but no real tears until they embraced you. 

When you did go, I somehow felt it was important for me to be the one who called him to tell him. His heart broke. 

His second son will be born soon. I hope you're with him now. He's such a lucky baby to be coming to their family. Jonny is an amazing daddy, and Avenlee is an incredible mom. 

I guess it's the circle of life, although it sometimes seems like that circle got squashed, or broken, or something. I know it was your time, probably past your time, and while I'm grateful you stayed as long as you did, I am greedy, and I wanted more. 

Your brothers are simply amazing, kinda like you. I have been so blessed with amazing children. Thank you for being one of them.

Miss you, kiddo. 

Love you.

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt 

No comments:

Post a Comment