Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Supervising Homework

Aaron's job today was supervising homework.  He did a pretty good job, too.

He's learning at school as well.  Today his nurse said he did really well with his word chart.

That's where he's got some words and pictures and he responds to questions or activities by indicating the right card.  He can point to it or just fix his gaze on it.

Right now, his main focus is yes, no, more and all done.  Someone was tickling him today, and they wanted to know what he wanted.  Silly boy kept signaling "more, More!"  Yep, he loves to be tickled and his siblings are pretty quick to oblige.

At home, Daddy was giving him a back rub and I was trying to work with him, but he seemed confused to me.  I KNOW he loves his back rubs.  As soon as you start, this little boy who spends almost all of his time lying on his back rolls almost all the way over to make it easier for you to get to his back. If you stop too soon (and "too soon" is defined by stopping after any length of time), he reaches back and tries to rub his own back.

I was showing him his cards, and he kept looking at "all done."  I knew that wasn't right.  Except when I went to look closer at the cards, it was "more" and "all done" was on the other side.  Yep, I think I was the one who was confused.

It's day ten of Trisomy Awareness month, and this is our snapshot on what's going on with Aaron.

“A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away.”  

Eudora Welty

2 comments:

  1. I love a good candid shot of daily living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing and awesome about the word cards! I love it! Aaron you truly are brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete