Saturday, October 21, 2017

Tincture of Time

I apologize for the lack of and brevity of the updates.  I don't have a computer up here with me and the phone is hard to do much writing on. Plus there's just a lot of processing going on.

Aaron tolerated the heart cath well and came out happy, as usual.  But he and anesthesia just don't have the best relationship, and they didn't work well together this time either.  So yep, we're still here.  He even managed to finagle a trip to the PICU which is where we are now.

Every day we hope to go home but so far he hasn't read the script right.

The results from the cath weren't great either.  In fact, they're bad. We won't need to make any surgical decisions.  Those are off the table. And that's the easy part.

So we're waiting on Tincture of Time and holding on tight to what we have.  Life is a marathon. Even Spidey and Superman seem to know that.

Last night when I was struggling I was thinking about our other kids at seven years old.  They were so different.  So active, so healthy.  But they were also like Aaron in that they were happy, enthusiastic. We also started reading the Book of Mormon with them in preparation for their baptism at age eight.

Aaron won't be baptised.  He's already covered with the Atonement.  But he loves being read to, and while we don't know his capacity to learn, we know he does learn. So last night, I started with 1 Nephi 1 and read it to him.  And found comfort myself.

There are a lot of struggles.  That's the way life is, for everyone.  But I also have been blessed to see the goodness of God.  And at I will continue to make a record of my days, and of Aaron's.

You don't always need a plan.  Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.
Mandy Hale





2 comments:

  1. I utterly adore you. I love the idea of reading the Book of Mormon to Aaron. I should be doing that with Parker. Know that you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're reading to Aaron. I think special children understand God in a very special way!

    ReplyDelete