Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Spring

Hey Aaron, it's officially spring.

Of course since we're in Utah, that doesn't really mean a whole lot. While we see the sun more, it may actually be the "spring of deception" soon to be followed by 3rd winter. But whatever...

I went to the Manti Temple open house today with Gramma and Grampa Brown and Uncle Tad and Aunt Maurie. 

Manti is where Gramma and Grampa were married 55 year ago, and where I recieved my own endowments 34 years ago. My grandma and grandpa worked there for as far back as I can remember. Today Grampa told of going there to do baptisms when he was a teen, probably right about your age even. 

As we walked through, I was touched and humbled by all the efforts and talents that went into creating this beautiful House of the Lord. And so grateful for it's presence and influence in my life, the sacrifices made by so many so we can be together again. 

Aaron, it was so beautiful! Do you remember last summer when we went to the Saratoga Springs open house? Your bus driver was there, too. We saw him and his family in the celestial room. I remember sitting there with you, and something told me to cherish those moments because they wouldn't come again. 

And they didn't. 

But still, were you there? Are you here? 

My little boy, I'm so glad we got to do this together last summer.  

After the temple, we went by your site. Gramma and Grampa weren't there for the burial so it was their first time actually there, although Aunt Maurie did a video call with them that day. It's so peaceful there, the mountains surrounding you, the grass beginning to grow. 

I miss you, Aaron. 

Thank you for being my son, for blessing our home with your spirit. 

Love you so much.

 “It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.”
— J.R.R. Tolkien 


No comments:

Post a Comment