Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Michael's Call

Dear Aaron,

Michael's call came. I'm feeling kinda emotional about this. He's the last one, and each has been a little harder to let go than the one before.

The Arkansas Bentonville mission is getting one of the very best.  Actually, maybe two of the very best.



Will you be there? I somehow feel that wherever he is, he'll be in a trio because you'll be by his side. You two really grew up together. He doesn't remember life before you, not really. He wasn't even four years old yet when you were born.

And as he grew, he learned so much about how to take care of you. Honestly, he was one of your very best caregivers. He just "knew" what you needed. He was also an incredible support for me, too. There were nights he would take over, staying up as long as he could, so I could sleep in my own bed and not have to get up to do meds and treatments. He would usually make it until 5:30 or 6 am, and then go crash in his room, but that gave me the rest I needed to keep going on.

He would play with you, read you stories. He knew how to change your trach, do your meds, feedings; pretty much everything. 

Will you now take care of him? 

I know he'll be an incredible missionary. Please be by his side. 

“Our loved ones who have passed on are not far from us.”
Ezra Taft Benson






No comments:

Post a Comment