Friday, March 1, 2024

Trisomy Month Hurts This Year

I don't even know where to go with this.

The last few days have been pretty good, not bad at all.

I mean, I still miss you. I don't think that will ever change, not really. But they've been pretty even-keeled. I even picked up the hearts and valentines from your grave yesterday, and forgot to take the St Patrick's Day stuff with me. Tonight after work, Michael and I took those, picked up the things that had blown over (I really need to take stakes out there to hold them) and decorated for March.

And it was fine.

Really.

It's March, Trisomy month. And I've tried all these years to bring awareness to it. Some years I've posted a new picture from each day. And now pictures are the only thing I have left. I updated my profile and banners on Facebook, but I don't know how much more I can do this year. The theme this year is "Changing the narrative together." You did. Because of you, so many other children were seen as having value and given interventions that allowed them to live. But now you're gone, and it just hurts. 

And I'm devastated again. It's been ten weeks, ten weeks!! How????  

My arms and my heart ache. I just want to hold you. 

Please come tonight, come see me in my dreams. 

Please...

“Some only dream of angels, I held one in my arms.”

– Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment