Tuesday, March 5, 2024

David's Birthday

Hey Aaron,

Today's David's birthday, and then Thursday is Sarah's, and next week is Jonny's. 

Then Elend and Andrew.

And you.

What is it like celebrating your birthday in Heaven? I imagine it's pretty awesome. I mean, you came here almost 14 years ago to get a body, a crucial part of your progression, so I think it should be commemorated.

But anyway, today is David's, although we're going to celebrate this weekend. 

He is such an awesome big brother. 

I remember several years ago we were at 7 Peaks, and he came by. I can't remember if he was on his lunch break or what, but I needed to go to the bathroom, so he sat with you in your little tent, keeping an eye on things. When I came back, there was an older gentleman just standing there, watching the two of you. He turned to me and said, "It's nice to know there are still heros in the world." 

Then a couple years ago, he was going to replace a faucet for us if I would just go get it. I wanted him to because I was worried about not getting the right one and he assured me that I could, and he simply didn't have time. While I was at the store, I noticed some steel belts showing through the tire and not wanting to end up with a blowout, I called and asked if he could also make time to change the tire while he was over that night. 

His response? "Where are you? I'm on my way."

I said, "I thought you didn't have time." 

"I don't, but I'm also not going to leave my mom stranded somewhere." I assured him that the tire would get me home and he could stay at work, and that night he changed it. 

Yeah, he's a pretty awesome hero. He was always a good kid, but he's become an incredible man. He watches out for me especially now that you're gone.  He is a blessing, as are you, and all the rest of your siblings. 

I love you, kiddo. I miss you, but sometimes the ache isn't quite as profound, at least all of the time. But I do still miss you. Probably always will. 

"My brother may not always be by my side, but he is always in my heart."
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment