Monday, April 1, 2024

The Power of Music

Aaron, I was home alone tonight for quite a while. Michael left for work before I got home, and Daddy was working late.

And I was missing you (so what else is new?). 

So I watched your vidoes, the one from your funeral, and the 5000 days one.  Between the music and your smiles.... 

Kiddo, you have the best smiles, just like your brothers and sisters. And the same mischievous looks. I can only imagine the hijinks you guys would have gotten up to had you been more mobile. As it was, you teased them pretty good, especially Michael.

You would have missed him so badly when he left for his mission if you were still here. But I guess this way, maybe you get to go with him instead?

So after I watched the videos (and cried some), I started looking at the piano. I really haven't played much in so, so long, and yet you loved music. You got so excited every time music therapy showed up.

So I found my piano music and sat down. It was pretty rough, I won't lie. I was glad there was no one around to hear it.  But before I stopped, I pulled out Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I haven't played that one in years, maybe over 20, and not much even then since high school, more than 35 years ago. Guess what kiddo? It was okay.  I mean, it was a bit off, but the muscle memory was definitely still there. And it felt good.

Maybe I need to do this more. 

Do you listen to music in heaven? Do you sing and rejoice? Do you miss me, too? I can't wait to sing with you someday.

I love you, kiddo.

Miss you, too. 


"In some music, one hears the metronome of the soul."
~Dr. Idel Dreimer

No comments:

Post a Comment