Tuesday, April 23, 2024

4 Months, Miss You.

It's been four months today since you left.

Spring has come, new life. 

Yesterday as I got ready to leave work, I noticed that my peace lily is starting to bloom.

Peace...

Do you love your new life? Are you thrilled to be able to run and play and sing? I won't add "laugh" because you did a lot of that here, too. I guess you played, too, but still, you were hindered by your body.

I miss your laugh, your smile, your playful nature.

I went by the cemetery tonight to pick up your things in preparation for mowing day tomorrow. I had noticed before that one of your butterflies was fading. When I got there, Mary had replaced it and added another. Four butterflies, one for each month you've been gone. 

I knelt there and just sobbed. It hurt so bad. 

I miss you.

Tears are in my eyes and emptiness is gnawing my heart.

~Kate Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment