Friday, May 1, 2015

It's Back, He's Miserable

Bam, just like that, he's sick again.

He was doing sooo well!  Back to happy, playful, not so much oxygen little man. He went back to school this week, we even got his echo done.  Yeah, the one he was supposed to have done but got sick so we cancelled it.

But yesterday, when I took report from his nurse, she mentioned that his heart rate had been higher all night.

It stayed higher during the day and at school he had a couple of nasty diapers.  Totally out of the norm for him.  He came home, heart rate kept climbing, and he slept, but restless.  Not so much in the way of diapers either.

But by about 8:30, he started running a fever.  And then through the night, he had diarrhea pretty much every hour.

This is where my typical friends are glad they're not on my medical page.  We had lots of TMI discussion about poop going.  At least, it was TMI for most people.  But it was information I needed, and my special needs mom friends have it.  Gotta love it when you can call on the experts, 'cause yeah, that's what they are.

Anyway, by this morning he started showing signs of dehydration, cracked lips, pretty much no drool.  (You know those bibs he wears?  Those aren't just for decoration.)

So I've started Pedialyte again between his feedings and as soon as the office opens, I'll be calling in.

We JUST BARELY finished his Flagyl for the last round.  Like his last dose was at 2:00 this morning.  About 30% of people with C.diff relapse.  I was really hoping to be part of the other 70%.

My poor baby...

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, 
nor sunshine without rain, 
but He did promise strength for the day 
and light for the way.
Author Unknown


3 comments:

  1. Poor baby.... Give him luvin from our gang of four! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope little dude starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete