Thursday, March 5, 2015

Silly Boy

Aaron was having a fine ol' time tonight.

Every so often, he manages to unhook his feeding pump from his tube and feed his bed instead of himself.  I put absorbent pads under his blanket in an effort to not have to change the WHOLE bed frequently.  Usually it works.  Not today.

Today I came home from a meeting and found he'd unhooked himself again.  This time, he put it up by his head, and had wiggled his way off the blanket so it was just on the sheet.

Yep, gooey formula all over the bedding, saturating his bib, and permeating his trach ties.  Yuck.

On top of said sheet was his blanket, the absorbent pads, and ALLLLL his toys and equipment.  Major excavation needed to change all that out.

So here he is, funny boy, just watching mom while he continues to fiddle with his g-tube button, trying to pull that out, too.



Most of the time, g-tube feeding is easy peasy.  You all know those three hour meals where the kid doesn't eat a bite 'cause it's "yucky?"  Well, not him.  He eats all his veges and fruits without complaining.  Well, most of the time.  I guess this is his way of reminding me that he's going to make his opinions known, too.

And if that's what he's doing, I guess I'll take it.  I was feeling grumpy and out of sorts at having to do all the bedding changes, climb around in the bed, stretch the sheets and so on.

And then I remembered that I've got a lot of friends who would give ANYTHING to be changing bedding again.  So we sang, and he laughed at me.  And I pinned his right arm down and wrestled his left one while trying to get him cleaned up.  And he laughed at me some more.  Am I a lucky mom or what?

In a Throwback Thursday effort, here are a few of my favorite pictures of our little guy from the past.  Ain't he just the cutest?





 And finally, a great big "Happy Birthday" to my oldest son.  Twenty-one years ago he came into our lives and we were so grateful to have him here and healthy.  I'd spent six weeks on total bed rest, and then had to still take it easy to keep him inside long enough.  I knew then that it wasn't necessarily good for a baby to not bake long enough.  I've since learned how many challenges can come and how real they are.  I'm so grateful for his example, for his love and perseverance.  You're amazing, David.  Can't wait to see you in seven more weeks.


Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord ... Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them.  Psalms 127:3, 5.

1 comment: