Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Started Our Countdown a Little Too Soon

Well, the title kinda says it all.  He continued to do well through the night, and we hit the magic three liters about 4:30 this morning.  Yea!  Start the clock.

Well, I guess the reason we have that countdown clock is to give things time to manifest if they're going to.  It's not a big setback, but by about 10 a.m. he was saying he wasn't quite ready for it.  William and I figured that we'd just not turn him up.  Therefore, he'd be at three liters and we could come home.  That works, right?  Well, Aaron had other ideas.  And when I was seeing 79%, I figured maybe that plan wasn't going to work. 

No, really, we didn't really make him get there before doing anything.  But he did bump down there for a minute or so.  We tried to help him maintain, did some physical therapy to move things around, did CPT and a breathing treatment, even changed out his trach.  And yeah, we got some really good goobers out (better out than in, right?).  But he still wanted four to five liters to stay in his high 80's low 90's.  So the clock stopped.

I don't think I'm going to say anything about it again until we're at about 23 hours, or at least well past the 12 hour mark.  But he's happy and playing.  I just need to figure out who it is that he's waiting to see up here and get them in to say, "hi".  Then maybe we can go home! 

Plus, it's rivalry week here in Utah, and while I'm a little conflicted, on account of these crazy Utah fans who take such good care of him, I still bleed BYU blue.  AND every time we've met up since Aaron was born, BYU has got their hiney kicked.  I'm thinking it's payback time.  But I'd still rather not be up here for the  game.  Go Cougars!!

If you can find a path with no obstacles,
it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
~Frank A. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment