Friday, April 27, 2012

More Progress and a Good Day

My posts have gotten shorter because there's just not a lot to tell, which is a good thing.  Aaron weaned all the way of his nitric oxide today without too much trouble.  He got down to the lowest setting very easily.  When we turned it off all the way, he had a little bump and needed more oxygen for an hour or so, but settled back down. He's now on his home ventilator, home settings.  At the moment, he's using three liters of oxygen with them.  That's kind of our threshold. 

If he can maintain at that or lower, he's probably good to go.  While we can support higher oxygen needs, it usually signals there's an underlying process that's going to cause problems.  And frankly, coming back to the hospital after only a few days is really depressing  So that's where we are right now.  When he's awake, he's smiling and happy and wiggly.  You know, like a baby.  When he sleeps, he's restful.  Everything is pointing to him being so much better.  He just figured he wanted all ten days of the seven to ten day virus.

And in keeping with those small miracles, I got another one today.  I was craving something, almost anything, to munch on.  I have food here, but not munchie food.  Then just as it was hitting the hardest, I got called to the front desk.  There was a woman I don't think I've ever seen before.  She said she was a friend of a friend who just wanted to send me a little something.  Guess what?  MUNCHIES!  I have thoroughly enjoyed them all afternoon.  There was also a special painting from one of her kids and a toy for Aaron that he's had lots of fun hitting in his bed. 

I am so grateful for the tender mercies, big and small.  The big ones that allow us to continue having Aaron in our home, and the small ones that make me smile. 

The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, for future reference, what are the qualified munchies? I know some Sweet Tooth Fairies near you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Qualified munchies are just munchies! I go more for the sweet than the salty, and it's nice if they don't require utensils, but just about anything is great. Hope all is going well for you guys.

      Delete