Thursday, December 20, 2018

We’re Here! (Home!)

We did it, HE did it!  We made it home yesterday, even in time to surprise Michael and pick him up from school.

So much to do, food, meds, laundry (okay, haven’t actually done that yet).  I can’t find my room, but I did find my bed. Woke up this morning in my very own bed.  Glorious!!

He’s not “all better” yet.  He’s still struggling.  We’re playing with vent settings because sometimes one works better, and other times, another.  One lets him generally oxygenate better, but the other allows him to move the “junk” that’s still in his lungs and get it out.  So we alternate.

He’s still on a lot of breathing treatments and is half-way through a course of steriods.  Ah, yes, steroids.  They do amazing things for his breathing.  But they also make him sad.  Sigh...

But still, home!!

It’s good.

“What is Christmas? 
It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.“
Agnes M. Pahro

No comments:

Post a Comment