Sunday, June 28, 2015

Keeping Us On Our Toes

You gotta love this kiddo of mine.  (Okay, well, maybe you don't, but if you're reading this, chances are that you do anyway.)

Here he is hanging out with the family at Grandma Wiess's birthday party.  He was all smiles and giggles.  Let me tell you, this kid is the ultimate in "people person."  He's kinda like what Will Rogers said:  "A stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet."



But then the next morning, Friday, he was kinda "off."  You know, more restless, higher heart rate, that kind of thing.  Sure enough, by 7:30, he was running a fever.  And not just a bit of a one.  It was 103.8.  Yeah, I'd be pretty restless, too.

So we went into watch mode.  I gave him Tylenol, listened to his lungs (kinda rough sounding) and made sure I had things taken care of.  I notified the office that we might be heading in and that I needed to have clients I would work on that didn't need high speed internet, and William took Andrew to his summer band concert while Aaron and I stayed home and waited to see what would happen.

And waited....

And waited.

Now, Aaron metabolizes Tylenol and ibuprofen pretty slow.  That's a good thing.  It means we don't have to give it as often.  But when 4:30 rolled around and he still didn't show any signs of the fever returning, I called the ped.

See, I can't remember if that can be a "thing," you know, a normal thing to do.  Pop a high fever and then have it gone.  Yep, the nurse assured me that kids do that pretty often.  

Yesterday was also a good day, although we did break out the albuterol.  He's more restless again this morning, and we're suctioning more, but there aren't any funky colors in there.

So I'm not sure what's going on, hopefully nothing.

My little "people person" needs to take a look at his calendar.  We have a family reunion coming up in the next few days.

Then just after that is the SOFT conference I've been looking forward to for almost five years now.  If he wants to turn more strangers into friends, he'd better behave!

Such a funny monkey.


Every new friend is a new adventure… the start of more memories.
Patrick Lindsay




No comments:

Post a Comment