Saturday, September 16, 2017

Our Week

Cheering on my BYU Cougs.  They're really struggling this year,
but that's okay.  I know what it's like to struggle. 
And if you keep trying, sometimes things work out.






Apologies to those who follow the blog but not Aaron's Facebook page.

We actually busted out of the hospital on Monday afternoon and made our way home.  I meant to update the blog sooner, but you know, this whole life thing.

Heading home, almost there, on Monday, my cell phone rang.  I was really looking forward to a shower, and maybe even a nap.  But on the other end was my son.  There had been a mishap on the marching band field, and well, yeah, "I split my head open."  So turn around, pick up the kid and head over to the doctor's office where they glue him back together.

Leaving the hospital on Monday.
And bright and early Tuesday morning I was back at work.  See, substitute teachers don't get paid time off.  Either I work or I don't get paid.  So to back to work I went, all week.  Trying to get caught up on sleep after "sleeping" on a not quite two foot by five and a half foot chair for six nights was also a priority.  And then a nurse became really sick so I pulled the night shift Wednesday night, while also working all week.  Plus soccer games and practices, homework, and yeah, somehow my family still thought that eating might be a priority.  Well, the blog kinda fell by the way side.
 
Big brother ready to help with my haircut.


Wait, what IS that thing??
All done, and much better.
Aaron had school pictures on Friday (which he made it to, I think only the 2nd time in five years) so he needed a haircut.













In all honesty, I'd been trying to get one done for a couple weeks.  There were even (sorta) concrete plans for one on Labor Day.  But that was a squirrely day for him so I decided we'd better not stress him out, and haircuts definitely do that!



Cute haircut!








But with pictures on Friday, Thursday was the hard deadline.  It was rough for him.  Haircuts are kinda scary.  And he's not usually a fan of the bath afterward either.  But with Andrew's help, he did okay, and he looks so cute!!


 And WE'RE HOME!!! 

And home is a great place to be.







The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
Jack London


2 comments: