Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Happy Birthday! Six Years!!

AAAAAnd he's done it!

Six years on this earth, living, loving, enjoying his life.

When we first got the results back confirming Trisomy 18, I told my doctor that I didn't have any concrete reasons to know this, but I felt that his life would be longer than many others.  It might be measured in weeks or months, but I felt it would be more than the minutes or hours that some have.  She replied that somehow, she also felt that.

And here we are, six years, 72 months,  312 weeks later.  There have certainly been ups and downs.  And we've pushed the envelope on more than one occasion.  But he's here, with us, playing right now in the next room while he watches a video on a tablet.  And I'm so, so grateful.

Yesterday was pretty low key.  That's okay, it's still good.  A few friends came over including one we haven't seen in over 20 years.  Talk about catch-up time.

Sweetaly Gelato made him an incredible cake.  I'm not sure I've ever had a moister cake.  Almost melt in your mouth moist.  Seriously yummy.























And of course, we sent balloons off to his angel friends.  He sent his last, and watched until it disappeared.  I hope they find them.








Happy birthday, big boy.  Thank you for blessing our lives.

This is the day the Lord hath made.  
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24


2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON! I actually have tears in my eyes as I type this. Happy tears. May God grant Aaron many more birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a sweet, happy kid!! Happy (late) birthday little buddy. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete