Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Trying to Stay Healthy




This morning finds Aaron and I at Primay's for his dental cleaning and hearing test. Aside from the fact that I'm a little jealous that he gets to sleep through his dental appointment, I'm a little concerned about being here at the hospital.

See, in case you've missed the news lately, there's a really nasty respiratory virus going around. Docs haven't seen this one since the 1960's!  That's 50 years, folks.  That means that anyone with kids and the majority of people in close contact with kids have essentially no immunity.

This particular nasty has the potential to do to healthy kids what a regular cold does to Aaron:  start off and within a few hours cause severe respiratory issues.

Anyone else out there concerned, worried, (paranoid, totally wigged out) about this one?   I'm trying  to be protective while still letting him experience life.

So at least while at the hospital, he'll be wearing a mask. And we may extend that to other places, too.  And while I've got friends up here (someone's little one is always here) I won't be visiting. We're getting out as soon as possible, trying to avoid even breathing any more than necessary!

And please, please, please, if you're sick, stay home!! Get a flu shot. No, it won't protect you against this one, but the flu kills people too.

And enjoy Aaron's cute mask. He's actually willing to wear it. Maybe because it's so easy to chew on that way.






The greatest wealth is health. -- Virgil

2 comments:

  1. I saw the news articles about that nasty virus. I would definitely be worried going there too. I love the cute mask. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah, Adam's doc called me last week and recommended I pull him from school (they are setting up homeschool) until this thing is over. No movies, no church, no sick people in our house. He has a trach and chronic lung disease, and the doc said if he got this virus, he would be very, very worried. He had some regular asthma patients that were in the ICU. He has always been aggressive in Adam's interest and we have kept him healthy so far. Has never had RSV or the Flu. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete