Sunday, December 18, 2011

41 Angels

I have an angel wall on my medically fragile facebook page.  This last week, I added several more to it.  Two passed quite suddenly within about 12 hours of each other.  I am at a loss as to what to say.

Little Firecracker is so nicknamed because she was born on the 4th of July, just a few weeks after Aaron was.  She had been doing really great.  She had heart surgery a month ago to close a large hole and had just caught a cold a few days earlier.  After a normal, playful day, Lilly laid down for a nap and never woke up.




This week while in DC, I had hoped to be able to visit with another mom whose daughter, Julia, had just celebrated her 1 year birthday.  Things with my family were really busy and Julia had also come down with a cold.  Friday morning, her heart developed an arrhythmia and she, too, passed away.

I haven't done any angel pictures since Caleb died in September.  Yesterday I made nine more.  And the thing is, I know I've missed some.  There are 41 angels on my wall.  Forty-one, plus the ones that I missed, who will be missing come Christmas morning.  Hold your family tight, and spare a small prayer for comfort and peace for those who can no longer touch their loved ones.  And give thanks to the One whose birthday we celebrate, who makes it possible to see them again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rebekah, you have been a constant source of support, compassion and friendship in this journey, and I am grateful to know you. Thank you for remembering our babies, and thinking of us during the Christmas Holidays. It is so hard to not be able to hold our little ones near. Sending love to you and your family,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete